View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 01:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinescope View Post
Where is the anode connector on your tube? The 21GFP22 has it on the side, like the 23EGP22. I suppose if you had to, you could replace the HV anode lead with a longer length to use.the more common CRT types with the anode button at the top. The "22" CRT types, AFAIK, will also fit; that means you could use 22JP22 or 22QP22. I have a TS-918 with the GFP tube, fortunately mine is still very strong and makes a nice picture.
Well the current crt picture tube in the tv which appears to be the original is actually a 21GWP22. However I read somewhere online that a 21GFP22 was compatible as a replacement which was why I was looking at the one I mentioned on ebay. The 21GWP22 picture tube has the anode at the top. I may want to replace the rubber anode cap as well since it is white from oxidation and may be breaking down chemically. I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for a guaranteed working preferably low hour CRT picture tube that would work in my TV. It does not have to be original or time period accurate. As long as it will work!
Audiokarma