View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 10:20 AM
M is for Memory

Yeah, I've been thinking about seeking a maker service manual.

I did attempt to test the compressor (hooked main power to a battery and nothing happened) only I don't know if it is a smart or dumb compressor....You see in addition to the 2 hefty red and black power wires on the main connector there is about 4-6 much smaller ones....I don't know if those are for valve solenoids or maybe some unknown internal relay in the pump...The pump has a second electrical connector with three fine wires that I believe goes to the accessory inflation port switch/indicator in the vehicle cabin.
If the pump was only 2 wires I could say for certain that it is dead, but without a wiring/schematic diagram of the system I just don't know enough about how electrically it is supposed to work to properly troubleshoot it.

That fitting I glued is aftermarket (no finding that in a salvage yard)....When the pump died they chopped the air lined to the bags off of the pump, then the took the lines from the bags and attached them to a plastic compression/rubber O-ring based 'T' fitting where the bottom leg of the T is a tire inflation nozzle. I've seen super glue do a good job of holding plastic together and it only needs to last till spring.

I may get the replacement air suspension parts from a salvage yard. IIRC there are pull your part yards near by....Never been in a salvage yard before though. I wanted to go to one for parts for the Lincoln, but could not find one with an applicable parts car....Seems most yards around here don't keep stuff over 20 years old....There should be hope for salvage yard parts for the Envoy though...I still see a lot of them on the road. I'm not going to a salvage yard till spring though...Today is likely the last moderately hospitable one for that this year, and I only have one winter coat that needs to stay nice-ish for work.

Thanks.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4