View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 11:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Right, etype2, semi professional. I was trying to agree with and back you up, but it didn't come out that way in my previous post.

I still have recordings I made around 1973 from broadcast TV. Working in the business, at that time, I aquired a bunch of used 60 minute U-Matic cassettes from a production house that for reasons unknown, had rejected these tapes. Of all that I got, I remember only 10 or so of them that were bad. They've all been kept in my house, and all still play. I've had to repair the splices at the beginning and end of the tapes... the splicing tape just dried up and let go... It didn't matter, as I always recorded 30 seconds of color bars on everything I did.

One thing I truly disliked about the 1600 was no pause abilities once the recording was going. Later, I bought a used VO-2850 that could pause. By then, I had a tuner module, so I could record on any video recorder. I still have the RF modulator that I had to buy for the 2850. At that time, all of my TV's only had an antenna input.