View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Same boat the spectrum boxes only have HDMI and RF no composite...I prefer wireless TV RF transmission since 10 TV sets are a pain to hardwire RF to and the ~70 I have would be a complete nightmare to hardwire. I simply tune channel 3 with VCRs and DVD-recorders(that have tuners) and feed the audio/video from those to the blonder tongues. Modern tuners found in VCRs, etc will remove the buzz in the composite A/V they output, but their internal RF modulators are not always good enough to not re-add it to their own RF out (which is why I favor the BT modulators).
You can pick up used working VCRs for $5 at thrift stores in my area and probably similar $ where ever you live. You don't need anything fancy tuner wise to make this work.
Broadcasting the RF is actually what I'm doing! I fed the RF output through a channel master distribution amplifier and then to a set of rabbit ears and it broadcasts to all the sets in my apartment! I also found you can do the same thing by daisy-chaining 2 or 3 of those cheap antenna amplifiers they sell at Walmart together, but it splatters all over the spectrum and you can pick it up on multiple channels