View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 06:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

I TOO...usually have GOOD Luck bringing flat sets form the curb or such. SO much so.,...that I now have THREE of them FIXED here....and one MORE NEARLY so. ALl I have left to do to it....it dis-assemble the panel and clean BEHIND it, likely the diffuser panel...of the SMOKE TRAILS on it... They are NOT visible when the set is off...BUT CAN be seen o SOME scenes....as "dark shadows that do NOT move with the programming. This IS somewhat commmon on LCD sets....since the panels are NOT truly sealed...and smoke from cigarettes or stoves or such WILL leave deposits on the diffuser BEHIND the LCD panel. CRT's--as we all know..were SEALED...at least the BONDED ones were....and so this does NOT happen to them. but LCD panels are NOT.

Now the question becomes....what do I DO....with all of these flat sets...AFTER I fix them? ONE I am using...2 others, a 42" westinghouse and a 32" Sharp I am NOT using...both work well...the sharp is missing the stand. I do NOT really wish to keep them "hanging around here" taking up space in my living room...forever.