View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 02:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

I don't think I've ever heard of a camera using a tube pickup instead of a CCD being referred as a CRT camera, so pardon me if I seem a little lost.

Being a tube camera, you can really only replace pickup with the same tube or a listed and known substitute. Parts from a consumer will not work. Saticon and Newvicon in fact are two different tube technologies and as such, I'm not seeing any subs.

Quote:
Now i’m figuring out if these CCU cables are/were pinned out differently for each brand, model, etc or if i could acquire some CCU and a CCU cable and use in both/any cameras.
Consumer cameras unless you were Sony with their "K-Connector" used the 10 pin EIAJ interaface. Labguysworld has a full page on this. The CCU's literally just broke out the lines from the cable but otherwise you gave the camera +12v and it gave you back composite video and line level audio.
I've never touched the more high-end cameras but looking at photos of the connections it's pretty close to the same, but with no EIAJ connection. Give it 12v and it will give you a video output.