View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Banned

I had scored an old 42" Hewlett-Packard Plasma TV from the Salvage Bin at work (Goodwill) for $7 but it was missing its original speakers and it had a bad Y-Sustain Board which made it so that the TV wouldn't power on properly, but when I went to try and buy a new Y-sustain for this TV on fleabay they wanted anywhere between $50-$200 for the board and that really sucked because it would of been a nice set fixed up but it was going to cost more than the set was worth to fix it, so I ended up scrapping it out. If you ask me Plasma sets aren't worth the trouble because if something like the Y-Sustain board goes out on one you're pretty much screwed because that part costs more than what the TV is worth to replace and you'd might as well just buy a new LCD TV for that kind of money. And the fact that Plasma TVs were notorious for eating through their Y-sustain boards (think of it as the modern day version of the old CRT sets eating through their flyback transformers) that's why they don't make Plasma TVs anymore.