View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Duck, you sucker!

I looked closer on the one orange and it is not soldered to the white one. It just looks that way. It is a replacement as they cut the leads and bent them into a "J" hook and soldered the orange one in. Kind of lazy as they should have done the other one at the same time. So that means I have one on top and one below that need replacing. The all have the markings of "special" and "22-5001", so they should be easy to get hold of. I check Mouser and they didn't have them, but another place did for roughly 6 bucks each. Other than those, all other caps appear in good condition (no bulging, corrosion, leaks, etc.).

I'll order the caps, clean the chassis and use some Deoxit on the G2 pots and see if that helps with the red G2 issue. By then I should have the CRT tester and pattern generator.

Oh, and one other odd thing. There are not date markings anywhere inside the set except for the long black cylinder on the under side of the chassis. It is dated March 10, 1973. I know this set isn't that old as it is a Space Command and I don't think they were made that early. Just kind of odd as my other CCII has the date in a few places in the cabinet.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650