View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 06:30 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
I wish there was a little more to go by than just the image that you have posted here (like a picture of the house in question that the radio in question was in, or maybe pictures of any built-in loud speakers that may or may not of been present in the house that may of been wired to this radio, because that would confirm whether or not I was right in saying that it might of been part of an early whole house intercom/radio system similar to the old NuTone systems that were installed in homes for years, instead of being just some random radio chassis stuck in a wall for no apparent reason except that it just looked cool and that it really never served any sort of functional purpose except for decoration.
Home intercom systems were rare to non-existant before the 60's. People did like to build radios and TVs into walls, before then though. I had a 40's AA5 chassis (that supposedly originally had a Catlin face) which was designed to be mounted in a wall....It had hinges on the bottom front, and it's original cord was about 4" long. Heck even the Whitehouse had a built in TV for a while.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma