View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 10:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Dave , I don't know if you've been told this before , but DO NOT allow that horizontal line to remain on the screen at anything close to full brightness as this will burn a line in the CRT's phosphors that will result in that area being a "dead spot" forever on the CRT . Any power on testing from here on out must be done with the brightness set at the barest minimum to get a barely there faint line so the phosphors aren't damaged (burnt) untill you restore the vertical deflection . A set such as this will require a "recap" , replacement of the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and vertical circuits as a beginning of your restoration of the set .
Thanks. I do know to not let the screen "burn" with that line. I only left it on a very short time. And have turned the brightness down to a minimum.

A google search tells me another member here has this same set he is working on. I will try to contact him for more info. Maybe he has already made a list of caps to replace. That would sure save some time.

Worlds first e-body trailer.