View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 07:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
Looks like the unit may use a regular VGA monitor. Which means there isn't a "video" signal, so you'll be looking at red, green, & blue color signals, some sync information, & clock data.

Look here: "http://pinouts.ru/Video/Vga15_pinout.shtml" for the pinout & signals on the connector and if they match up with your connector try a VGA monitor. They may have mixed pins up so you had to buy their monitor.

The board you show is the CPU which appears to be the same as used in the model 201.

The 3 wires going to the connector are probably the RGB output, the only way you can measure and verify that will be with a scope.

Chuck
Thanks for the reply - I have a decent db15 to hd15 adapter which has a number of switches on the top for adjusting the pinouts. I had hoped I could just plug it into my modern LCD screen and figure which pins needed to go where. Is that doable?

So a DMM won't pick up the RGB voltages? Right now I'm basically getting no voltage off these 3 pins... and I know it should be putting out a signal on boot.

I'm being an idiot with my oscope - for some reason I can't get readings with the probes, but signal generator to BNC on my scope is working fine. As soon as I plug in the probe and test against the signal generator - I get nothing....
So if there is an alternate way to test, that would rock. I'm pretty new to electronics, so dealing with some real Electronics for Dummies issues here... But if I have to use the scope, no worries I can keep at it.

Do you have experience with the 201?