View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 09:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckA View Post
You could plug it in to a VGA LCD monitor and see what happens.

The DMM won't give you any meaningful information, look at this site:" https://www.ramelectronics.net/Converting-VGA-HDMI.aspx ", not for the information so much as for the picture of the RGB signals you want to see on the scope. These are static from a color bar test pattern, yours will be a bit different depending on the screen display.

You should have a calibrator output point on the front of the scope, connect probe to that to check probe, also make sure you have triggering set to auto.

Have never worked with any of the RE equipment, just seen some of their documentation. Most of my analyzers are HP.

Chuck
Thanks this is helpful - looked at some RGB waveforms, and am currently testing my ability to see those on a working LCD monitor. Having trouble with the triggering I think. I do have triggering to auto, and will check calibration point to ensure probe is working ok.

I do suspect that as the poster above wrote that it is a TTY + hsync + vsync just due to the timing. I don't think the 201 CRT is rgb, so not sure if this one would be.

I'm also going to look up some sync signals so I can be sure I can find them if they are there.

Appreciate the help