View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 PM
<----Zenith C845

I wish that would have happened in Cleveland. Most of the city's TV stations are on UHF DTV channels, but two (on channels 8 and 19) are still on VHF DTV allocations, although the latter was at one time trying to get permission to move to, IIRC, channel 24 (the station is currently on DTV channel 10 and will stay there indefinitely). I don't know why channel 8 didn't make the switch to UHF, though the station was going to move to DTV channel 31; again, however, those plans fell through and were abandoned.

The foregoing is the only thing keeping me from canceling my cable; my indoor DTV antenna is designed for UHF, so the two stations I mentioned (the subchannels of which are, wouldn't you know it, retro-TV stations and the ones I watch most of the time) do not come in at all using that antenna. Worse, I understand that to get the two VHF DTV channels my UHF indoor antenna doesn't get I would have to use an outdoor antenna, which is out of the question since I live in an apartment building and am forbidden (lease restrictions) to put anything on the window ledges, including TV antennas.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.