View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob91343 View Post
Every bad tube I have found tested bad on an emission tester. I don't want to start any flames; these are my opinions based on lots of experience, and each person is an individual.
Shouldn't be any flames here. This is what I asked for; first hand information and opinions. I must add or say to both posts that it in my opinion is a given that emissions tests are going to be the number 1 issue with tubes. There is however two entirely electronic conditions that exist here, right down to the math. It is defined as the ratio of small change of plate current to a small change in grid voltage. The formula is Gm (sub m meaning mutual conductance) = the change in plate current divided by the change in grid voltage and is expressed in micromhos.

So this is certainly not possible without decent emission. In old_TV_nut's Magnavox I wonder myself if the difference was mutual conductance or simply different emissions measurements all measuring "OK" for that circuit.