View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Folsom View Post
Thanks Yagosaga for the camera tip. I recently decided to replace my antique Nikon Coolpix 990 camrea, which has always been a bit of a lemon, and never taken good sereen shots. After considerable research, I decided on a Canon S3IS, which I like very much. I may keep an eye out for a Canon A70 as a backup camera.
This is off-topic, but the Canon A-series digital cameras seem to be pretty decent for low-end digital cameras. I don't actually have one of those, but I've steered a few people towards them in the past and they've been happy with 'em. The A70 is fairly old now (given the rapid development of digital camera technology), but still should be fine for most folks. One nice thing about that line of Canon cameras, by the way, is that they're among a now-disappearing breed that still uses ordinary AA-size cells, so you'll never have to worry about not being able to find a special replacement Li-Ion battery for it in the future, and of course it's easy to carry extra AA's (preferably Ni-MH rechargables) when you're out in the field.