View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 10:09 PM
NIGHT STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by damen View Post
I doubt that there's any shock danger if the set hasn't been powered on for a couple of days. After this length of time, the CRT would be the only charged item, maybe, that would only be a problem if you were to remove the high voltage connector. If it makes you feel better, any piece of wire bridged across the large electrolytics would discharge them. Zeno has a very good idea. Using a light bulb in place of the fuse would limit the current to the circuit, if the circuit is "normal", the bulb stays dim, an overload will cause it to be bright and you can remove power before another transistor is destroyed. Since the set does play for a "few" minutes, turn it off and feel if the transistor is cool or warm. After a few minutes if everything is normal, it should still feel cool. No shock danger as long as its off. Sorry, I don't have anyway to PM anything. I used to post diagrams on Videokarma, but they changed something and all it says is my images are too large.
You can mail me: luraichu2630 at gmail dot com. I felt the HOT right before it died, it was cold. I covered it with one layer of electrical tape to make touching safe even when live. e-tape is rated for up to 600v and that's the maximum voltage of the original HOT according to datasheets.

You can use imgbb to host pictures but don't count on them to keep your pics for decades. Also they like to add weird things to the end of their generated bbcode so make sure to remove it.