View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 06:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Magnavox 1974? 19 inch cabinet set pickup

Today I found this 19 inch console style color set at an estate sale in Redford, a suburb of Detroit. I honestly really have no interest in solid state tvs, but I though this was a somewhat unusual set and I rarely see anything of this vintage that is less than a 23 or 25 inch set. I am assuming it is a 1974 model because the crt is from early 1974. While it may be solid state, it sure weighs as much as a tube set! I attempted a powerup of the set and got static, but no high voltage of any kind. I really have no experience with solid state tvs, but I know triplers and or high voltage transistors are parts that may fail. Along with the set I found some paperwork of past servicings, the manual along with the dealer's card, and a channel guide for cable that was purchase in 1981. The set has vertical and horizontal chassis, with mostly modular parts. As you maybe saw from the photos, the crt has a burn spot in the center, perhaps the result of whatever killed the high voltage. If this set can be fixed fairly easily I may hold on to it, otherwise I may hold on to it until someone else expresses interest in it.