View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMarks View Post
If not, pardon the intrusion! I've got 100's of hours of analog tape recorded over the past 40+ years..a lifetime of radio really. It's all at 7-1/2 and 15ips on good quality Scotch and Ampex tape..thick mil. My hope is to aquire what I need to transfer these reels and cassettes to DAT or,better, CD's so my kids and some friends will have them down the road. I'd really love listening to them myself!

Does anyone know what I'd need, and a ball park cost, to do this at home? Or, should I seek out a studio and see if they'd do it for a reasonable price? I'd really give anything to get this done..we're talking hurricane coverage from the '60's, interviews with noteables and just old jock shows...priceless to me.

Any input would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks, Johnny

BTW, I really love that Kitty, Nowhere Man! I'm a slave to 8..3 in..5 out. A right Jolly Group! I visited WABC in '66 and met Rick Sklar..believe he was the PD or GM and Cousin Brucey who was on the air at the time. What a trip. The GM at KRYS in Corpus Christi arranged the meetings when he found out I was going to NYC. Met people at the KATZ agency. Use to be a big national ad agency for 100's of stations. I'm new to these forums and just getting started posting, so please excuse if I pop in "out of context!" I'll get the hang of it!
Thanks for the compliment. That kitty is Pansy, she passed away last year at the age of 19, she had thyroid problems that were under control but she had lymphoma, a form of cancer. Just last week, I had another one pass away, he was 17, Boo, my second oldest cat. He was black, part Siamese, looked like a minature panther. Indications is that it was his thyroid too but we found out too late, his heart gave out. Well, still have 6 cats left, my oldest is 18, Corky, grey & white, she is diabetic and has some kidney failure but we are treating her for both so she is doing quite well with what she has. She the old cat left that I have that was born in the 1980's (1989) and when I was in college. We also have a new kitten, Rascal, he is 14 weeks old. Maybe when I get the time, I'll start a pets thread somewhere.