View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 03:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

Oh, I don't even think about changing a cord if there is no reason. I just mentioned that because the recap looked fairly fresh to have the brittle rubber cord on board. Now I knew that you could get reproduction cloth cord, but do you mean from ACE as in Ace Hardware?

If I knew they had it, then I have several old sets that I would replace what I believe to be second generation rubber replacements done somewhere along their life longer than mine. I just like cloth cord. I try to rob it anywhere I find it like old toasters and such. I had a few laying around from parted radios through the years.

Anyway, I'm not sure what year my Motorola is from. Certainly the 30s. And the dial scale lighting changes with band selection if that's what you were referring to. I have seen somewhere that the chassis came in sets like mine (which I don't know the name of) as well as a "tombstone" model. I sorta like the elongated jobs like mine. Seems like "tombstones" and "cathedrals" are everywhere.

I could keep it out of case like I mentioned for playing with the O scope, signal generator and signal tracer that I have. I have to restore the old Heathkit tracer I purchased. Gotta fix the fixin' stuff!