View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 11:27 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
Oh, I don't even think about changing a cord if there is no reason. I just mentioned that because the recap looked fairly fresh to have the brittle rubber cord on board. Now I knew that you could get reproduction cloth cord, but do you mean from ACE as in Ace Hardware?

Anyway, I'm not sure what year my Motorola is from. Certainly the 30s. And the dial scale lighting changes with band selection if that's what you were referring to. I have seen somewhere that the chassis came in sets like mine (which I don't know the name of) as well as a "tombstone" model. I sorta like the elongated jobs like mine. Seems like "tombstones" and "cathedrals" are everywhere.
Yes ACE hardware. The closest one don't have the cloth cord but a somewhat farther local one does carry it.

My Moto had the 3 band dial scale set up with a band on each rotational third of the scale disc....Only 1/3 would be in the in the curved slide rule window at a time. When you changed bands the dial scale would switch out by rotating so a different section would be in the window. The band switch had a separate lighted selection indicator that it's pointer knob pointed to.....It was sort of like a Jukebox.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4