View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 07:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sansui CT-0110 digi camera 1996

Back to the vault with another vintage digi camera as I dug out my Sansui CT-0110. The original battery is long gone but the charger has a DC port to go to the camera and borrowing a Panasonic DV cam DC cable it came back up with an old photo of my long gone cat Pepper. The generic battery I have is on the charger for fun but I don't have hope.

It still works on all its functions. Camera, playback and off air television. Who thought this was a good idea? The camera has a mechanical ND iris and a NTSC tv tuner long obsolete unless I crank up a modulator for fun. The sub-mini to serial cable is around here somewhere but it only works up to Windows 98. I'll skip that and use the NTSC 1/8" video port for future. I may have the original software if anyone needs it. It is all it can do. It works. I forgot where I bought it. My Sony Mavicas from earlier have been restored to the tune of 30+ caps each. What did Sansui do right? I can find no other live one on the interweb.

The CT model # I think is a hidden honor to the RCA CT-100 and the Panasonic CT-101 sets. Just my guess. And if you search the Sansui you will find a German website with a great history of digi cameras. Not just photos but detailed history.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sansui CT-0110.jpg (57.9 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 07-14-2020 at 09:13 PM. Reason: text