View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

QRS model 15 wind-up phonograph

I found this QRS model 15 wind-up phonograph at the flea market. She showed me that it worked; but, it has problems. They wanted $150 for it and I managed to get them down to $100. After bringing it home, I realized that I probably still paid too much for it. I've wanted a wind-up portable for a long time; but, they almost never show up around here and when they do show up, they are in really bad shape and overpriced more than this one was.

I was able to play two records on it; but, the mechanism was very noisy. Now, the platter will turn; but, the weight of the tonearm stops the platter. Also, there are some tears in the covering and the only way I know to fix it is to paint over the torn spots. The door on the needle cup is broken off; but, I should be able to find a needle cup somewhere.

There is a metal piece, pictured below, that fell out of the machine. I don't know if this piece is supposed to go with the machine or not.

Anyway, does anyone know anything about this brand or how old this phonograph is?