View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 01:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

Okay, it's been a while but the installation is slowly moving forward. I've got coax run to four different spots in my office for various televisions. I'd like to also do a wireless broadcast though, so that I can set up more of my misc TVs to be functional. I've got a lot of questions though and I'm hoping I can get a little guidance on this.

For an amplifier, I have an RMDA-750-30. From that, I plan to run into an 8-way splitter, and then into coax cables that go to various places in the two buildings. I abandoned the idea of having a splitter in each building and instead opted to have all coax terminate in the same place. What I'd like to do, if possible, is to have an antenna in each building, transmitting within that building.

First, what sort of device would I need to broadcast in this manner? I see mention of using an agile modulator with an antenna, but in my case, I have all of the channels already combined into one coax cable. Is it possible to broadcast that signal with four channels in one, or would each channel need to be broadcast separately? If they need to be broadcast separately then that would complicate things as each output would need to be split for coax and wireless.

Assuming that's all even possible, is it acceptable to have two transmitters like that in close proximity? Signal transmission in my office is pretty bad. Cell phones don't work here and generally a cordless phone signal won't go from one building to another. However, if the internal garage door is open, then you can pass some cordless phone signal through the building. So, I'm worried if there was some bleed through with the television signal, would that ruin the video? Would a TV pick up a little of both? I imagine that there might be a slight difference in timing between the two broadcasts. I suppose one thing I could do is to use the same amount of cable for both runs.

Is it possible to accomplish what I'm trying to do? I hope this wasn't too confusing.