View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 12:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Help needed with Sony Betamax tapes

I am disappointed that one month has passed, and people have been reading my message, but no one has responded.

This weekend, I played a different Sony Betamax Dynamicron L-750 U.H.G. video tape from this collection, and the video quality is just as bad as the others that I have played, which is frustrating.

Once again, I need help trying to play these old Sony Betamax video tapes. Can anyone help me understand why they are so poor? I only own one Betamax VCR, so I can't test it on another VCR. The reason why I'm asking is because these tapes have unique recordings on them of original broadcasts off the air, with the original advertisements, newscasts, show promos, and station identifications on them, so it would be a real shame to lose them. One tape even has some home movies of their kids on it, and another one has a video of their holiday at a lake taped on it.

I've tried my best to research the problem online, but I can't find any information about these particular Sony tapes online, other than identical new old stock tapes for sale. I would really appreciate any help at all that you can give me.

Thanks!