View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 01:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ido
The other benefit of course is movies on VHS are now dirt cheap. Around here you can regularly pick up large boxes of VHS tapes (usually a mix of original and home recorded tapes) for a couple of bucks. Heh, if the tapes are old enough even the ads can be entertaining.
Recently my wife has had trouble finding shows worth watching so shes been digging out tapes I made in the late 80s/early 90s. In many cases she doesn't care for the shows I taped (old documenteries, "Our World", the Smothers Brothers, etc.) so she just fast forwards through the show & watches the commercials!

I just parted out our first VCR, an '86 Panasonic. I probably should have saved it but the power supply board had some crispy critters on it & a blown fuse. My Mom really ran that thing to death. I was looking for one to use back in the tv room; one of the ones in the pile is a Sears (Sanyo) that I bought at a flea market 10 years ago for about $10. The second time I used it the tape got destroyed. It must have been a fluke because now everything seems okay so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Its a stereo unit.