View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 08:12 PM
M is for Memory

Classy! That will be a nice car when you are done. Hope you plan to do it right and have the interior as original as possible.....200X seats and gauges in a 40's car are about as hideous as a BPC sutffed inside a roundy cabinet IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin67 View Post
cool car! One of my favorites. some time in the late 90s I stopped at a garage sale.. and on my way back to the car, I found a grill emblem for a car like that in laying in the gutter... kind of a strange thing to find in the street in the 1990's. My theory is it had fallen off decades before.. and been laying covered by grass along the curb, and was then dislodged by a snowplow in the winter..
I had something like that happen in the 90's too. In the park in front of my old house in Lombard Ill. I found a 40's car handle sitting near the base of a tree....It must have been buried since the chrome was worn off. The neighborhood was supposedly the original city dump, and I found lots of 20's and older glass buried there, but since the our house was built in ~1947 I wonder how that handle got there.....It was a good 10-20' from the street.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4