View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 10:00 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
I looked it up on QRZ.com. yesterday.... sounds as if the database you used is more up to date... how about: KE8AT, Douglas ; KB8FKM, Mark ; N8JCV, Susan or WA8COG, Julius.... these should be within a few blocks of your residence, according to the grid square map on QRZ.com.

jr
KB8FKM, Mark, is the one who will not speak to me so I don't bother with him any longer. N8JCV, Sue, is his wife, and she may not want to have anything to do with me either. I never heard of the other two hams you mention.

Oh well. I guess I'm stuck with Echolink, and being able to use only one 2m repeater, from now on; it's better than nothing, I suppose. Outdoor television antennas are allowed in my building (several tenants here have satellite dishes), but I'm not sure about amateur radio antennas. My first landlord told me the story of a man who tried to erect a CB antenna on the building; the TVI was such a problem the man was evicted. This landlord has since passed away. However, I don't know if or whether the man who now owns the building would allow me to erect any kind of outdoor amateur antenna; I will have to ask him about it.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 12-10-2017 at 10:12 PM.