View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 10:19 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Confession...I started this comparison to see the colors on this great movie on the set. My curiosity was to see the dark brown/black costumes to see if they are reproduced in phosphors. The pastel Technicolor is spectacular as usual. I do see the blue and added a similar still from the original and a brown/black scene for reference.
Do you mean you see the blue background shift? If so, maybe the DC restorer design is not perfectly stiff. It would be interesting to see if substituting a known good tube changes it. The kind of test pattern that would really check this is something with most of the top half of the screen a saturated color (say the upper right 80%) and the rest of the screen black. Repeat for each primary and secondary color and see if the black area shifts color. The closest thing on a test CD I know of is the large square color window in the center of the screen that some test CDs have. If you have that, play each primary and secondary color and the white window and see what happens to the black background. Turn up the brightness a little if necessary to see some light in the black area.