View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaton View Post
If your going to replace the chips yourself, buy them from Coppell TV. His stuff always works when I buy from him. There is also a possibility that once you get a chip or board replaced that you have a worn out panel. There will be lots of colored dots that you cannot adjust away. Coppell TV can also repair the board for you as long as no one has worked on it previously. As far as fuses go yes you can use glass fuses. I'm not sure where that nonsense about it only powering it up with ceramic ones. Thats a bunch of BS. The replacement IPM's come with glass fuses and work just fine
Well as far as the glass fuses not working in this set goes, that was my observation not what someone told me, because I got some fuses from Radio Shack and installed those fuses into the back of the unit and tried to power it on, I would hear the relay kick in like its supposed to when you first plug it in and you have 2 blue lights lighting up on the main board on the back of the TV but then after about a minute the relay would kick out and the second blue light on the main board (the blue light furthest away from the power plug) would then shut off and then the power button won't respond to power the TV on, but when I had the original ceramic fuses installed (even the blown one) the TV would work just like its supposed minus the picture. So I don't know what the deal is with the TV and why it seems to want to prefer the ceramic fuses in the circuit over the glass ones in order for it to power up.

Anyways where abouts on the Y-Sustain Board is the Voltage Regulator ICs? I'm wodering because I'm pretty confident in my soldering/repair skills that I think I could probably to the repair myself, and save myself some money.