View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
That's because reinstalling the original blown fuse is like having no fuse in it at all. A blown fuse is an open circuit. The good glass fuse is probably causing the set to shut down as soon as it detects the overload from the shorted board.

Don't attempt to replace the IC unless you have excellent soldering skills and the right equipment. You won't be able to do it with a Radio Shack soldering iron and some solder wick. Even with a Weller temperature controlled station and desoldering station, it was quite difficult to removed the old part and clean out the holes without damaging the board. It's a heavy multi layer board with plated through holes and thick traces that suck away a LOT of heat.

People are also right about a worn out panel being a real risk. The last one of these I repaired ended up having a worn out panel. There's no way to tell until you get it working.
Well like I said there is a functioning board up for sale on eBay right now for $57 and free shipping, which I could attempt to get that board on thursday when I get paid if its still available that is, although I'll have to worry about my mom trying to question me about buying a $57 part for a 10 year old Plasma TV that I may or may not be able to sell for $100 and make a little over $40 off of it, if I can sell it. So why would the screen be bad on this thing already? I've dealt with plenty of regular non-plasma type LCD TVs that are over 10 years old and are still working just fine with the original screen assembly, so what makes a plasma screen assembly different from an LCD screen assembly that it would have such a short lifespan?