View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 10:05 AM
Motorola Minion

I WILL need to post a picture of this replacement, after I install it. This is of interest to anyone with a CTC15 that has a later OEM replacement for it or in it already. This combo will gain even one more tube.

I suspect this OEM replacement is an improved version over the original, and it was packed with the wrong instructions, showing the post-CTC15 style drop-in for a 3CA3, with notes for a CTC17

What it does have is a socket all ready for the 2AV2 mounted vertically within the cage, also there is no 3.6 ohm resistor in the filament winding like a 1V2. There is a bracket for the focus coil transplant and terminal strip for the 66M and 1.meg focus dropping resistors. Too bad no instructions were included tho.

It does have a plate cap for the 3A3 like the original, and it has an insulated red wire already soldered to C1 along with the centering control also soldered to C2. This red lead can only be for the damper choke connection under the chassis.

Note that CTC11 and CTC12 both have C1 and K as the same tap. I wonder what the extra winding terminal K or D on the original 113382 in a CTC15 was meant to do.

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 05-04-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Audiokarma