View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Duck, you sucker!

If I jumper the terminals of a convergence pot while it's turned all the way down, there shouldn't be any movement of the lines, right? I would like to do a little testing of the pots on the board and figured I'd jumper the terminals of each pot and see how it responds. Then I'm going to run them through their full range (un-jumpered) and see what kind of range they have on the screen. I'll finish it off by giving the pots another deoxit and fader lube session. Once that's complete I'll try the convergence procedure over again, starting with the center convergence.

Can a pot be accurately measured while still connected? If I connect to the terminals and turn the pot, can I expect a close to accurate readout? If so, should I be looking for a full range (0 to stated ohm value), or do they not zero out fully CCW?

I figure if something is wrong with one of the pots, this should help me determine.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650