Thread: My 16 is done.
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Dead from the neck up

At my location, I have 9 waiting and one underway. In my mother's basement, I have 3 other color roundies, a Zenith BW tabletop, a Stewart-Warner 12" and an RCA color portable. I hope to score a few more at the ETF swapmeet.

To answer a few more questions, the picture isn't quite as sharp as a modern set, but is still quite viewable. When I snapped the pic, I had a moment of sunlight galring through the window. For antennas, I use clip leads. I will eventually make a "community antenna" and tie all working sets into the VCR. That way, I can watch Archie Bunker on any set I wish to.

I still need to put the dial lamp in for the UHF and make an antenna block. Otherwise, all is OK. I only play the 16 for a few hours at a time. It still has the original flyback. The jug may have been a replacement, but uses the RCA meatball. I'll give the purity a little touchup when I put the UHF dial light back in. I am also in need of chassis mounting bolts. This set sat a few years disassembled. Three cats in the house is not a good thing here.

And, yes. I love watching my roundies.
Audiokarma