View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 11:55 AM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Renewal apparently is now only available on line. If you haven’t already, you must set up an account with user name and password. This link may be helpful:

https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do

Note: There is now a $35 charge for renewal of a ham license.

73, jr
jr:

Thank you very much for that link, and for the reminder that the license renewal fee went up. (I had no idea it had increased that much; I remember when renewals were free). I am now registered with the FCC's CORES program and should have no problems from now on using the program. The problems I was having trying to log in were really bothering me; as I mentioned, I do not want to lose my amateur radio license for any reason--I worked too hard to get it in the first place, and besides, ham radio is one of my favorite hobbies (been in it now since I was 16 years old in 1972). Started out as Novice class WN8NHV, was off air 11 months, finally upgraded to Technician in 1975, to General shortly thereafter, and the rest is history. Amateur radio is a great hobby; believe me, I intend to stay with it the rest of my life, if at all possible.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Audiokarma