View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 06:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
The cap values are proper designation. Low volume on these sets are usually a lack of signal strength. Have the volume control set to max when tuning. antenna length should a minimum of 30 feet, 50 is better! Try adjusting the trimmer caps on the tuning condenser.
Is there any real strong stations in your area? 20 to 50 KW?
With the 38 output tube, it's only rated at .55 watts. Those sets really were never too loud!
one strong station and thats it. WHBC 1480 and its only 15kw. Im less than 5 miles from that. I usually only get 1480 and if Im lucky 1310 out of alliance ohio and thats 10 miles away WDPN. I usually lose that signal when it drops its power at night. Daytime I can maybe get it and night is good luck. Am 1060 is also dawn to dusk 15kw. I have always wanted to figure out how to get am 1310 after dusk but not sure if thats possable as IM 10 miles away from alliance ohio in east canton.
As far as loudness I only get volume the last 1/16 or slightly more of the volume knobs rotation basically 98 percent of the volume control from max. Seems somewhat odd unless I really do need the much longer wire for the antenna. Getting tired of trying to find the exact capacitor to make the tubes get 6.3 volts each. contemplating the 1n4007 diode approach. but if I were to use a diode IM not sure how much affect a capacitor would then have to drop voltage

Last edited by fumplet; 05-14-2023 at 07:36 AM.