View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:30 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
Back when we got our first VCR, my sister was the movie rental queen and, often, she'd let us watch some of her movies before they had to be returned. One time, she sent a movie over (I don't recall the title) and me and my parents sat down to watch it. Within 5 minutes, someone said "GD" and my father turned it off and gave my sister an earful for sending such a movie over. When I was growing up, my parents were the "V-chip". If there was something they didn't want me to watch, I didn't watch it and it was not open for discussion.

Now, many parents couldn't care less what their children see or hear.

Yes, I watched all those "politically incorrect" cartoons; but, I had parents who actually taught me right from wrong and I knew the difference between the real world and what was on TV. Personally, I still see nothing wrong with those cartoons. There are far worse programs on TV that I would not want my kids to see.

IMHO, things started going down the toilet when everyone developed an "anything goes" attitude and when parents stopped parenting.
Well put "radiotvnut",I agree with you 100 per cent.
Dads used to be a force to be reckoned with,now they suffer from "peter pan" syndrome,nobody wants to grow up and be responsible.