View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If you had a blank raster or unchanging test pattern the set should not flicker of change brightness.
The entire screen flickering is new. It does that when I hear a spark from the HV section. Before it was just the lines I was seeing.

Quote:
I've never seen a set display something that looks like a tape artifact unless connected to a tape deck....there is a phenomenon known as retrace lines that occurs when screens and or brightness is too high....
No, it wouldn't be that, then. These actually get more visible when the brightness is all the way down. They looked like lines when a picture was displayed, but when I turned the brightness down they appeared as larger blotches across the screen. I don't think the artifacts themselves were changing, I think the video signal was hiding it. It's almost as if these were electrical spikes going straight to the picture tube that had nothing to do with the rest of the circuity, which again makes me think HV.

Quote:
You need to post some pictures.
I'll plan to either Friday evening or this weekend. I won't get a chance to get to my workbench before then.