View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
Bed time listening in a quiet room is when the hum really drives me nuts. Any of my AA5s sound great during the day but unless it has an additional stage of power supply filtering, like some of the early 60s AM/FM sets do, hum is clearly obvious at night when volume is way down low and the house is silent. For this reason some of my favourite AA5 radios are the little cheap Japanese ones with a 3" speaker.. It just can't reproduce any hum due to high resonant frequency of the speaker.

How does it sound during the day time with the volume turned up a little?
All over room has elevated hum add in thd+n or not it sounds poor beyond the mean and average (<<that is self explanatory engineering /research term "mean and average " BTW and @ any loudness 24/7 IOW ....its broke even.for these radios

if you will note my studies and education further back 6 years electronics and EE studies combined and audio codec + psycho acoustic studies + PhD peer reviewed research collaboration (s) directly above around all that, this issue would be settled or I can bring in any number of nationally prominent PhD and recording industry luminary's that mentored my later studies and were in or lead the research projects to explain all this to you if you like .

But Thanks for replying

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-16-2017 at 02:59 AM.