View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 07:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Too much Blue in picture Screen shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCT View Post
If you can take a real good picture of what you're talking about, I can get a better idea.

Those RCAs were built for cost, but I have to tell you, design wise they were very well sorted. There were no "that's just the way they are" performance issues. Even when put behind a 35" tube, they produced a very nice artifact free picture.

As far as convergence, all RCAs of that era used a pre-yammed yoke and a flexible magnetic convergence/purity band in place of the mechanical beam bender that everyone else used, and I can state categorically that in the thousands of those I had repaired over the years, I never had a convergence issue on any of them.

Generally, a blue outline is a weak CRT, but the halo would not be static: it would change and flare outward with contrast and brightness level. If you see the halo at very low brightness levels, I would say it's not a weak tube.

If the tube is strong, I'd lean towards a bad jungle IC causing that. Uncommon but I've seen them. I can't think of anything in the eeprom that would cause that.

John
I took a picture of my issue. It's in my Album under my User Name. It shows a lot of blue everywhere. I have found, that no matter how much I turn down the Picture and or Brightness it never really goes away. It just maybe helps to make it not so noticeable in the screen shots.