View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Bob Galanter

OK I think I now know what the problem is. This is just an educated guess. I have been investigating the issue of F'ing Apple refusing to support Adobe Flash Player on the latest iOS opperating system that Apple is using on the new portable devices. Seems that Jobs had a hard on for Adobe because Flash Player had a bug that was causing Apple machines to crash and Adobe was draging their feet about fixing the bug. So the relationship between Apple and Adobe went sour and Jobs decided to scrap support for Flash on the latest Apple OS.

As a result there is now a push for open source HTML5 which supports a <video> tag to play video without the need for a Flash Player (which was proprietary and owned by Adobe) There is a consortium of Open Source folks that are behind a push to have native support within brousers for video and no need for a proprietary video player attachment.

The highest brouser supported in XP is IE8. IE8 does not have any HTML5 support. IE9 does have HTML5 support. I fired up my laptop which runs Vista and IE9. I went to the VK site and pages are loading about 3 to 4 times faster. I understand that Google Chrome supports HTML5. I think I will do some testing to find out if Chrome runs VK on XP better than IE8. If I am successful I will report back here with reuslts.

Adobe Flash has been the de-facto platform for online video for years and it works just fine. I am rather pissed that the open source community has decided to screw with something that was not broken, simply because they dont like proprietary software. If that is the case then all the leftist Open Source jerks that support Apple products should throw their machines in the trash because Apple has been doing things to thwart competition and the use of only Apple applications since they were a start up. Apple hates it when anybody has an application that runs independently from Apple and steals revenue from Apple's pocket. I WILL NEVER OWN ANTHING MADE BY APPLE!

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com