View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 02:38 PM
tube gear fanatic

toadays hamfest finds

Today was our bi yearly amateur radio fleamarket. (we have one in the spring and one in the fall)it was a nice day to get out and see some people that i generally only see at the flearket.ours are usally a hit and miss but i saw lots of old tube test equptment, radios etc..i didnt have too much money this time around and if i did i could of picked up a nice drake r4c with matching trx4 for $250 or complete collins s line for $100{32s1,75s1, station console with speaker and power supply.)i did mange to pick up a few unique items though and spent a grand total of $80my best find is a 1949 time devices co world clock,i also got a nos astatic d 104 with spare cartridge and a hy gain bi linear 220watt amplfier.

i also met a guy who had a icom r75 for sale and got talking to him about receivers and my mouth damn near hit the floor when he told me he has 2 collins r390 and 2 r390a's.i also asked if any were for sale but unfortunately the answer was no i then told him thats ok i understand and then told him i had a collins hf 2050 and then his jaw hit the ground and it wasnt for sale either
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0050.jpg (61.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0051.jpg (76.4 KB, 22 views)

real radios glow in the dark...

Last edited by radioactive; 10-19-2014 at 02:57 PM.