View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

My wife's sister had this weird combo. It's a Modern Maid oven on top, cooktop, and a dishwasher below! It sat in her vacant house for years, and now she's selling the house.

My wife really wanted this combo unit, but didn't want to give up her new gas oven. Our kitchen is currently large, and inefficiently laid out, so there is a lot of unused space. So we decided to get the combo and have both. She'll have the gas stove, and this electric unit too. This will be nice when she has her family over, and they all want to cook a large meal.

Our current (new) dishwasher had a thermostat fail and will only wash dishes with the heat features turned off. So, the dishwasher will handily replace our newer junker. The dishwasher portion is a Kenmore, and I don't think it's original. The opening is standard size, so any dishwasher will fit in there. It was probably replaced at some point.

It's pretty neat. I'll take some real pics once I install it. Right now it's in pieces, as I had to take it apart to move it. I have the bottom half installed, and the dishwasher works great. I just got the 220v run finished today. Once I get somebody to help me lift the oven top, I can finish the install.

It even still has the reversible color panels on the doors. I has 5 options; black, white, coppertone, avocado, and of course, harvest gold. I am using the black, heh.

Here's an ad from 1972 to give you an idea of what it looks like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modernmaid3.jpg (57.8 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by CoogarXR; 01-12-2014 at 08:40 PM.