View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 04:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube TV View Post
Mine has alligator clips and banana plugs. Leads are about 2 foot long.

I think the shroud is someones add on, mine doesn't have one.

Edit. I seen the pics Yeah I also think this is a capacitor. No clue on the ratings though. If I recall, when it's working the eye will open and close if there's leakage. If the leakage is slight it would pulse once every second or so, and if it was very leaky it would pulse rapidly. I think mine was working on the leakage test. It's a shame I don't have it in front of me or I would take some measurments off it.

Heathkit's early C1 and C2 testers had much the same idea using a neon bulb.
Ok, thanks, I'll just have to make up some of my own test leads using hookup wire, a couple of banana plugs and some alligator clips.

As for the C-D Part 21377, according to a thread on the ARF that Jr. had posted a link to in here, they were saying that that part was some sort of flasher module that utilized a neon bulb or some sort of gas discharge tube assembly that had to be sealed in a dark tube because of it being a "light dependent" circuit, but the person that was explaining that on there had admitted that it was just a guess on his part since the service/owners manual doesn't give any additional information about that part other than a part number, making me wonder if it wasn't some sort of proprietary part that Cornell-Dubilier didn't want others to duplicate.