View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 12:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

Changes in TV broadcasting

It's funny how network daytime TV has changed in a few short years. Most of the primary it was always a morning show, game show, and the afternoon news, then soaps and talk shows. Now the shows that ran for decades are becoming fewer and fewer and the replacements (usually some chat show like The Talk) don't last long.

I don't even watch daytime TV much as I'm not home, but from what I've seen this is the case.

I also notice PBS airs fewer children's programming than they once did. I recall as a kid there were several in the mornings such as Shining Time Station, Mister Rogers, Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow, etc. and then several in the evenings. Now it's just one or two shows in the evenings.

There are a lot of things I miss about TV as a kid. It seems everything stayed pretty strong until about 2005/06 and that's when all of the changes started. I remember my mom watching all of those soap operas and during the time I was in college they all started going away one by one. lol I wonder if there are fewer women at home to watch them or they were just too expensive to produce.