View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 03:43 PM
TV Camera Museum Curator

Utah Scientific AVS1B Matrix

Hi
I have one of these over here in the UK, it does still work, I fixed a s/c tant. today in the output buffer amp! However I have a question.

These Matrices were in use in the 1990s, not many in the UK but there must have been a lot installed in the States. Mine is quite small 40x20 and it has two master control cards, main and reserve one is a PL-160 and the other a later PL-320. They are quite similar and do work together, the '320 able to control a much bigger matrix. They have 6502 micros in them.

Now you can re-programme the selection stations and a lot of other things via a serial terminal. All this works fine with the 320 card, but I can't get past the welcome page on the PL-160 control card.

The welcome page says "inactive" and according to the handbook you are meant to enter the password at this point which I don't have. I would really like to have access to this spare card.

Has anyone worked on these and maybe can offer advice. I have tried a number of likely options, 111 000, 123 etc. there is a number scratched on the card but this does not work either.??

Regards

Brian www.tvcameramuseum.org

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV camera Museum