View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 10:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Insignia NS-RTV32 32" DTV (another piece of crap)

It just seems like I've been blowing it here lately. I probably don't need to touch anything old that is worth a darn, LOL!

A friends' Dad had this 2006 32" Insignia with NTSC/ATSC tuner that developed a vertical problem; so, he went out and bought a flat screen. I was told that it had lines at the top of the screen and the image was folded over. I thought, "Oh good, bad cap - I'll have this one fixed in no time". Well, there was a bad cap; the usual 100 uf cap in the vertical circuit that always goes bad. Stupid me, not watching what I was doing, knocked off a small SMT device with my soldering iron while I was changing the 100 uf cap. I have no idea what the part was. Now, the picture is major league stretched at the top and pulled too far down at the bottom. Looks like more bad caps; but, they all either check good or the ones that I changed that were questionable did no good. The only thing I know to do is figure out what SMT part I knocked off.

So, is there a slim chance that someone has any service information on this model? The set was actually built by Orion.