View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

well i got the horiz deflection running and got 4700kv at the crt and 550 volts for focus only now i dont have verticle all i have is a line across the screen but i think i damaged the verticle deflection processor by probing and i think i touched 2 terminals and shorted it or the short was there when the diode went bad and now it shows since the horiz is running . now the verticle ic gets hot on the ic where there is voltage at the pin that should not have what it does. i subbed the focus diode for one i have but im going to put a 1n4007 which i think is 1000v 1a. this circuit supplys alot more then i thought being this diode was bad i had nothing. i located an electronics joint in la that has this verticle ic so i might as well just do it and get it over with. for anyone that wants to work on these little sets had better think twice because it is extremly difficult to get around inside without any wires breaking off or trying not to move the ribbons around. the ribbon already broke and i repaired it.

Last edited by timmy; 01-19-2016 at 10:23 AM.