View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
Ideally, the B+ has no waveform at all, just a flat line of constant DC voltage. Practically, there will always be a small amount of time variation due to incomplete filtering out of the AC source (unless the device is battery powered). Even if the device is battery powered, there can be small variations due to varying load current drawn by the circuits that use the B+ supply.
So the flat line I see is correct. About the only thing I can do is move the coupler to GND, move the trace line to the bottom of screen, set the voltage/div, move the coupler to DC and then measure voltage after the trace line moves up. That's okay with me.

If I see ringing on the base of a transistor, do I look at the collector to see if the ringing has been amplified? Also, I seem to recall someone suggesting I ground the base of the ABL transistor to see if the jail bars go away. The voltage on the base is under 1V, so is it okay to ground it? Doing so won't short anything out?

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Audiokarma