View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype2 View Post
I think I mentioned this in another forum at VK. Never forget that day, was 17 and in study hall when the first news came over the P.A. system. Damp windy fall day in Milwaukee. Watched the coverage after school, was a Friday, I think. Watched the killing of Oswald live on TV over the weekend. Monday was declared a national day of mourning, no school. Watched the entire funeral like everyone else at the time. The nation was in shock, as I was. My parents had a black and white TV so don't know if there was color coverage. If there was, it had to be limited in 1963.

I to rank the Kennedy assassination, the first moon landing, the Challenger accident and 911 as the most memorable events in my life time. I have vague memories of Queen Elizabeth's inauguration on TV. First images from Telstar was a big deal. After this post will probably remember more events ...
For me, the memories that stick in my mind was the attempted assassination of President Reagan, The Moon Landings, the Space Shuttles Columbia and Challenger and of course, 9-11. BTW, I remember the words "live via satellite" meant a great deal as well as "in color." I even remember "In Stereo <<< where available >>>"