View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 09:12 PM
M is for Memory

My problem right now is time and money...I've got only about 150$ (because my folks are making me keep enough to pay insurance, whenever that bill comes) for gas repairs radio stuff, etc. until my tax refund comes...Then, I might be able to afford to buy ANOTHER one of theses tanks. Until I've got the funds I've got to pick my battles.
I decided to skip the WARCI radio meet because I had too much on my plate, and I don't want to spend money needlessly. I've got 4 lab reports to do, and I just finished a 24hour study marathon for the two midterms I took today (one of them was a last minute surprise ).

BTW it comfortably seats 6 (with the front center arm rests up) though the back three will not be comfortable to those trying haul their buts out at the end (getting out of the back seat is not as easy as it ought to be).

I do have a vacuum/pressure gauge (penske brand IIRC) and when we tweaked the idle we tried to find a vacuum line to do it right, but gave up. My friend only tweaked the idle screws a TINY bit. He said something to the effect of 'I've tuned enough lawnmowers by ear, that I'm sure I improved things'....One thing that has annoyed the crap out of both of us is the damn 1978 Ford manuals I got for my car, the PDFs are not searchable (or well indexed) somehow despite all the text being copyable, the manuals cover EVERY passenger vehicle Ford Motor co made that year and they randomly jumbled all the different stuff together so there is a TON of crap to wade through if you want something specific, and MUCH of the info is scant, and poorly written.....After a bunch of looking for carb adjustments (the section on the carb was virtually no help), timing settings etc, we gave up looking and got better results from google(!)....It is almost like you took a dozen sam's manuals cut down and fragmented the info, sliced them to ribbons, then randomly reassembled it into a combined manual.
I'm considering looking for a Chilton's manual for this thing.

I need to get on it, but I need time (and money for the major stuff)....I'm technically starting my "spring break" a day early this week since I don't have class on Thursdays, but then again they 'break' this year only consists of them giving us THIS Friday off.....I'd like to find out who the genius was that planned that, and find out what (s)he looks like with a tire track running down their back....The class schedule is torturous enough, they should ADD breaks (so we can catch up) not shrink them down to nothing....And to think some people wonder why there are virtually no social events or fraternizing between the guys and gals on campus.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4